Definition of shape: A shape is an Art, with the defined boundaries wherein the space is enclosed. simply, it is the object with the border or the outline enclosing the space therein.
Shapes can be broadly categorized as
- Plane (2 Dimensional)
- Solid (3 Dimensional).
Plain Shaped objects are as follows:
- Triangle – Any object with 3 sides is a Triangle. There are different types of Triangles, including Equilateral, Isosceles and Scalene.
- Quadrilateral – Any object with 4-sides shape is a Quadrilateral such as square, rhombus and rectangle.
- Pentagon – Any object with 5 sides
- Hexagon – Any object with 6 sides
- Heptagon – Any object with 7 sides
- Octagon – Any object with 8 sides
- Nonagon – Any object with 9 sides
- Decagon – Any object with 10 sides
- Circle – Any object resembling the shape of a moon
- Ellipse – Type of Circle stretched from opposite sides
Solid Shaped objects are as follows:
- Sphere – A solid ball is the best example of Sphere.
- Hemisphere – A half cut solid ball is a Hemisphere.
- Cylinder – The shape of a pipe with circular endings from both the sides
- Cone – An ice cream cone is the best example to understand the shape of a cone.
- Cube – A cube is like a box with equal sides