Working on a PowerPoint presentation you might have come across the question that how one can add slide numbers. Well, this not at all a tedious job. In this section, we will learn how to add slide numbers in MS PowerPoint 2016? Adding numbers to the slides helps you to update and manage your presentation easily.
It is not that you can’t do it manually but, doing this way requires patience, as every time when you update your presentation, you will have to fix the numbering of the slides. So using the operations available for numbering the slides in PowerPoint would be a better choice.
In this section, we will discuss how to add numbers to the slides, how to change the starting number of your slide, how you can number each slide individually, how you can number all slide except the first slide.
Steps to add Slide Numbers in Powerpoint 2016:
1. Open your PowerPoint presentation and be on the Normal view. For this go to the View tab and in the Presentation View group, click on the Normal view.
2. Now being in the Normal view go to the Insert tab and under the insert tab you have a Text group. Here, click on Insert Slide Number (2) button.
3. A dialog box Header and Footer will pop-up. Click on the Slide tab and select the Slide number checkbox.
If you want to add numbers to all of your slides, then click Apply to All. So, all your slide will get number starting from 1 onwards.
If you will click Apply you are numbering only a single slide. So, to number all slides individually you have to perform this action separately for each slide.
Steps for Change the starting number of your slide:
In PowerPoint, you are able to change the starting number of the slide. You can start numbering you’re your slides from any number you want. For this, you have to follow the steps below:
1. Being in Normal view, click the Design tab and go to Customize group. Here, click Slide Size and then click on Custom Slide Size.
2. A Slide Size dialog box will pop-up and at the bottom, you have a drop-down list Number Slides from here you can select the starting number for your slide.
If you select 10 then the first slide of your presentation will have number 10 next will be numbered 11 then 12 and so on.
Steps for Number all slides except first:
Sometimes it happens that the first slide of your presentation is only your welcome slide or your title slide and you don’t want to number this slide and want to number from next slide onwards. To do so follow the steps below.
1. In the Insert Tab, go to Text group and click Header and footer option.
2. A Header and Footer dialog box will appear, click on the slide tab and select the Slide number checkbox.
3. To number all slides except the first one then click Don’t show on title slide check box and click Apply to All. So, now you have numbered the slides from the second slide of your presentation. The second slide of your presentation is numbered 1 and next is numbered 2 then 3 and so on.
Hope this article is useful to you, keep reading. Thank you.