Are you searching for the method to edit video in PowerDirector? PowerDirector provides you with enormous features to edit the video to improve the appearance and quality of the video. In this content, we will discuss how we can edit a video from a scratch.
Steps to Edit Video in PowerDirector:
Step 1: Open the PowerDirector app and first select the preferred aspect ratio for the video you want to produce. Then PowerDirector asks you to choose among the available modes:
- Timeline Mode: Timeline mode allows you to view your project in runtime. This mode is useful if you want to add transitions, effects, titles and text.
- Storyboard Mode: The storyboard mode provides you with the view of all your clips on the first timeline. You can reorder your clips on the storyboard and even compare the duration of all the clips.
- Slideshow Creator: The slideshow creator lets you create a slide show of photos in video format.
- Auto Mode: The auto mode is helpful for the beginners as it helps you to make a video from scratch.
- 360o Editor: This mode allows you to import and edit 360O video.
Step 2: The first and foremost thing is to import a media file in the media room and drag the file on the Timeline to edit it.
You can import the media file via File>Import>mediafile.
Or by clicking the Import Media button.
Or by right-clicking in the media room from the displayed option click on Import Media Files.
- Capture Tab: You can capture the real-time video by clicking on the Capture tab it will allow you to capture the real-time video using an external device like a web cam or by capturing the system screen.
- Edit Tab: With Edit tab you can create a video with effects, transitions, texts, etc. to enhance the view of the video clip.
- Produce Tab: Produce tab lets you render or export video in your preferred file format.
- Create Disc: This tab helps you to burn your created video on the CD, DVD or blue-ray disc.
- Navigation Panel at the left side of PowerDirector have tools that allow you to add a transition, text, titles, and effects to your video.
- At the right side of the video, you have a preview window where you can preview your video and analyse the effects that you have added to the video.
In the preview window, you can observe the grab points that allow you to resize the video clip. At the centre, you have cross blue grab point using which you can rotate the video clip. You also have blue squares at the four corners which help you to distort the video clip.
- Timeline: Each numbered timeline has two parts of which one is of video or images and second is of audio.
You can Zoom in or Zoom out the timeline by dragging the time scale.
- PiP Designer: You can double click the video clip to open the PiP designer window or you can simply select the clip and go to the Designer tab above the timeline.
PiP Designer window allows you to implement Chroma key effect, add PiP objects and attach motions to it etc.
- Undo: Whenever you feel that you have gone wrong or you want to revert your actions then just press Ctrl+Z to undo the transitions you have done on the video.
- Play/Pause: After adding any effect to your video you always get a preview of it to determine whether the thing has gone right or not you can just press spacebar to play and pause video in the preview window.
- Tools: As soon as you select any clip on timeline the tools above the timeline gets activated.
Designer: Designer tab allows you to add PiP objects, masks to your video.
Fix/Enhance: It allows you to rectify any shortfall of the video and enhance the quality of the video.
Tools: Tools let you access the power tools which helps you to crop/zoom the video image, vary the speed of the video, allows video rotation etc.
Keyframe: Keyframes decide the starting and endpoint of any transition added.
Edit Audio: You can enhance the audio of your video clip using Edit Audio.
- Titles: You can add titles to the video you have to place the title clip below the track on which there is a video at the top of which you want the title to appear.
- Split: Place the play head at the position where you want to split the video and click on the split button. You can even get the split option by right-clicking on the video.
Mostly the split is applied to remove the unwanted footage from the video.
- Unlink Audio/Video: If you want to totally separate the audio from your video clip just select and right-click on the video and from the displayed option you will get ‘Link/Unlink video and Audio’ option.
You can freely move the separated audio video in the timeline & use them separately over the timeline.
- Opacity: Just select the video on the timeline by pressing Ctrl you’ll get the opacity line using which you can increase and decrease the opacity level of the video.
- Duration: You can extend the duration of the video by stretching the video on the timeline. Extending the duration of video slowdowns the video.
- Save: You can save the project file so that you can analyse all the transition you have performed on the video.
- Produce: You can export or render the video created in your preferred file format.
So, this is how you can edit video in PowerDirector, well it is not a limit you can explore more to enhance your video appearance. Hope you find the video useful. Keep reading.