Do want to know how you can export/produce a video in PowerDirector? Well, you have landed in the correct place. In this tutorial, I will discuss the steps you need to perform to export/produce a video in PowerDirector. While exporting the video you need to set the file format and file extension for your produced video. Even you have to select the location where you want to produce the video. Well, we are going to learn all this so let’s start.
Steps to Export/Produce a Video in PowerDirector:
Step 1: Once you finish editing your video the next step is to produce or export that video. For that you need to click on the Produce tab of the PowerDirector window as you can see in the image below:
Under Produce tab at the left side of the window, you have the tools to decide the file format and resolution of your video. At the right side of the window, you can see the preview of your video and at the bottom, you can decide the location where you want to produce the video.
Step 2: Now you have to select the file format of your choice.
PowerDirector provides the following file format:
- AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved): This is the standard file format for videos, introduced by Microsoft. It implies less compression on videos and thereby takes more space when compared to MPEG.
- MPEG-2 (Moving Picture Experts Group): It is a digital video standard used to make DVD videos. It implies the lossy compression method but produces high-quality videos that require more space.
- Windows Media: This file format is introduced by Microsoft. This file format is mostly used for streaming the videos online and this format video can be played don any older version of MS Office.
- XAVCS: This file format is introduced by the Sony to record videos with 4k resolution. It offers lower compression and provides high-quality videos. This format may have compatibility issues with some application.
- AVC (H.264): It is the most used file format that provides more efficient compression and provides high-quality video with high resolution. It is the most reliable file format.
- H.265 (High-efficiency Video Coding): This file format provide a standard video compression method. This file format supports 4k resolution.
Select the file format to proceed further.
Step 3: Once you have selected the ‘file format’ you have to select the ‘file extension‘ for your video file, then select ‘profile type’ and ‘profile quality‘. Finally select country/video format of the disc.
Step 4: Finished with the preferred settings now you have to browse the location where you want to produce/export the video. For selecting the location click browse button beside ‘Export folder’ as you can see in the image below.
Browse the location and rename the produced video for your convenience.
Step 5: After you have decided the location and name of the file start exporting, for that click on the Start button at the left bottom of the Window.
It will take some time to export the video, once it has finished producing it will ask you where you to open the file location or just want to go back to the edit mode of the window.
So, this is how you can export/produce a video in PowerDirector. Hope you feel the content useful. Keep reading