Want to insert/embed a video in MS PowerPoint? It’s not a difficult task to do; just few steps would allow you embed a video in your PowerPoint. The Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation provides two ways to add a video from your computer to PowerPoint Presentation they are:
- Embed a video to a slide in your PowerPoint Presentation. Embedding can increase the size your PowerPoint Presentation because it stores the video in your presentation. There will be no loss of your video even if you mail it to someone, or you move your PowerPoint Presentation from one system to another.
- Link a video to a slide of your PowerPoint Presentation. Linking does not increase the size of your video but, there is one flaw that links can break because videos are not stored in your presentation they are present outside the presentation. So, you should be sure that the video must travel with your PowerPoint Presentation.
The only difference between embedding or linking a video to the PowerPoint Presentation is explained in step 5. Rest of the procedure is same.
Steps to Insert Embed Video in MS PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) 2016
Step 1: Open the PowerPoint Presentation 2016 on your screen. On the left-hand side, you can see the recently created Presentations and an option to open some specified PowerPoint Presentation for you. On the right-hand side, you can see various options of the “Templates and Themes”. Choose any one template of your choice and proceed further.
Step 2: To set the slide layout go to the “Home” tab at the top of your window and select the option of “Layout”. The Layout tab has a down arrow which will provide you various options for slide layout. You can select a different layout for each slide in your PowerPoint Presentation. Here, I selected the layout “Content with Caption”.
- Either you click on the “Video” tab present on the right-hand side under the Insert tab.
- Or you can select the “Insert Video” icon present in the Caption block of your selected slide layout.
“Video” tab present under the Insert tab, it will pop out two option.
- Online Video: Finds and insert the video from a variety of Online sources.
- Video On My PC: Inserts a video from your computer or from other computers that are you are connected to.
As you want to embed a video from your computer to a slide of your PowerPoint Presentation, select the second option”Video On My PC”.
“Insert Video” icon present in the Caption block of your, slide layout.
You will find a dialog box which will ask you whether you want to view the webpage content that was delivered securely or not. Click on the yes button; then you will find that an another dialog box pops out which will help you to browse the video file on your computer that you want to embed on your slide. Click on “Browse”.
Step 5: In the opened “Insert Video” dialog box, select the file from the system and click on the “Insert” button present at the bottom of the dialog box to embed a video in your PowerPoint Presentation.
To link a video to your PowerPoint Presentation click on the down arrow present along with the Insert tab. You will see the option “Link to File”. Click on it and the video will be linked to the slide of your PowerPoint Presentation.
Step 6: Now you can see that the video is being embedded/linked in the slide.
- You can move the video to change its location in the slide, and also you can change its size using the adjusting cursor.
- At the bottom, there is a play button with which you can paly or pause the video.
- There is marking strip present in front of the paly button which marks the status of the video that how much part had been played and how much part is remaining.
- You can also adjust the sound of the video.
Step 7: Select the video you just embedded you will see the “Video Tools” tab at the top of your screen which will provide the various option to adjust and modify the appearance of the video in the slide.
- You can “Play” the video to preview it. You can correct the Brightness and Contrast of the video.You can adjust the “Color” of the video. You can “Reset Design” of the video.
- You can also decide the poster frame of your video.
- There is a “Playback” tab under Video tool at the top of the screen Under which you can “Trim Video”.
- You can also decide whether to paly the video “On Click” or it should be played “Automatically” when it appears in the slideshow.
Step 8: Now after all the adjustments its time to save the video. Go to the “File” tab present at the top of the screen and you will find “Save As” option, click on it. Browse the location where you want to save the PowerPoint Presentation and save it.