Are you looking for how you can save video in power director? You have two choices, you can save the project file of your work or you can save the produced video.
Saving the project files means you are creating the ‘.pds’ file which stores all your editing, templates, transitions you applied to the clip, ‘special effects’ you added to your clip, etc. The ‘.pds’ file opens only with power director app and you cannot use this file to upload videos on YouTube.
Producing a video save the video on your system in the format of your choice which you can use to upload on YouTube or view on your TV or computer. In this section, we will discuss steps to save video in Power Director with two methods.
Steps to Save Video in Power Director:
There are two ways to save a project file like you can click on the save icon in the menu bar of the Power Director window as you can see in the image below.
If you are saving any project file for the first time it will ask you to name the project file. For that, it will navigate you to the ‘Save As’ window where you can browse the location for your project file and you can name your project file. Once done then click on Save.
Another method that you can opt for saving the project file is to click on the File menu from the menu bar.
From the displayed options you can opt for ‘Save Project’ or ‘Save Project As…’. The Save Project option overwrites the project file that is already saved with a name and on which you are currently working else if you are saving any project file for the first time it will ask you to name the project file. The Save Project As option allows to your browse location for saving the project file and also allow you to name the project file.
Whenever you save the project file it is saved in ‘.pds’ format. When you open the project file it is always open in the power director app.
The Power Director app also has a feature of ‘AutoSave’ which saves your project file automatically within a defined interval. Well, you can reset this interval and for that, you have to click on the ‘Set User Preferences’ button shown with the gear icon in the menu bar of Power Director window as you can see in the image below.
It will prompt a Preferences window where, in the navigation panel you have to click on Project.
To set the interval for auto save, check the check box ‘Auto save the project in every __ min’. You can raise the interval between the auto save from 2 to 120 minutes. You can even browse the location where your auto save file would be placed.
Step 1: To produce the video in power director click on the File menu and from the displayed option you have to click on ‘Produce Movie’.
you can directly click on Produce tab.
Step 2: First you need to set your preference for the file format, video quality, profile type etc. Then browse the location where you have to produce the file. Once all set then finally click on Start.
The Best Format to Produce in PowerDirector:
- AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved): This is the standard file format for videos, introduced by Microsoft. It implies less compression on videos and thereby takes more space when compared to MPEG.t:
- MPEG-2 (Moving Picture Experts Group): It is a digital video standard used to make DVD videos. It implies the lossy compression method but produces high-quality videos that require more space.
- Windows Media: This file format is introduced by Microsoft. This file format is mostly used for streaming the videos online and this format video can be played don any older version of MS Office.
- XAVCS: This file format is introduced by the Sony to record videos with 4k resolution. It offers lower compression and provides high-quality videos. This format may have compatibility issues with some application.
- AVC (H.264): It is the most used file format that provides more efficient compression and provides high-quality video with high resolution. It is the most reliable file format.
- H.265 (High-efficiency Video Coding): This file format provide a standard video compression method. This file format supports 4k resolution.
This is how you can save your project file or produced file in power director. Hope you get this tutorial useful. Keep reading.