Want to track changes in MS Word 2016? This article will help you to track the changes made to your documents by others. You can accept the changes made by other to your documents, or you can also reject the changes made to your document. You can also prevent anyone to turn off “Track Changes” by locking it with the password. But be sure that you remember the password to turn it on agin, as this password can not be recovered. You can also add or delete the comment added to the word document.
So let’s begin with the procedure.
Steps to Track Changes in MS Word 2016:
Step 1: Open an MS Word on your screen. Click on the “Review” tab at the top of the screen. In Review tab under “Tracking” group, you will see a tab “Track Changes”. Click on “Track Changes” to turn on the Track Changes tab.
Step 2: Now, if any changes are made in the document or any comment is added to the document then.
- Changes are detected by the red line near the left margin along the line in which changes are made.
- The comments can be detected by a little balloon at the right margin along the line in which comment are made.
To view where the changes are made and where the comments are put up, then in the “Display review” click on the “Simple Markup”.
Step 3: Now, if you want to see the detailed changes made to the document or want to see the detailed comment made to the document you can see it in two ways:
In the Tracking group change the “Display Review” from “Simple Markup” to “All Markup”. All the changes made will be visible to you.
Click on the red line on the left margin which shows that the changes are made to the document. All the changes made to the document will be visible in detail.
Step 4: To add, delete, show or hide the comments in the document options are available in “Comments” group under Review tab.
- “New” tab is used to add new comments.
- “Delete” tab is used to delete the previously added comments.
- “Previous” tab is used to view the previous comments from the current page.
- “Next” tab is used to view the next comments on the next upcoming pages.
- “Show” Comments tab is used to show comments in the document. The same tab is used to hide the comment.
Step 5: To prevent someone from turning off the “Track Changes” tab, you can lock it by proving it a password. For that click on the down arrow on the Track Changes tab and next click “Lock Tracking” option.
A dialog box will pop up which will ask you for the password to lock the Track Changes tab. Again reenter the password to confirm the password and click “OK”.Step 6: If you want to resolve the changes made to the document or get them out of your document then either accept it or reject it.
- You can accept all the comments or the selected changes made to the document using “Accept tab”.
- You can reject al or the selected changes made to the document using “Reject tab”.
Thanks. Keep reading.
Leave a Reply